Flu dates :
|Saturday 23rd September||Upton||Families – Children & Adult Family members|
|Sunday 24th September||Hamworthy||All adults|
|Saturday 30th September||Poole||All adults|
|Saturday 14th October||Lytchett||All adults|
|Hamworthy||Families – Children & Adult Family members|
|Sunday 15th October||Upton||All adults|
For more information please visit: Flu vaccine – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
All patients who are eligible will receive contact from the practice inviting them for a vaccine. If you receive a text or email you must book using this link.
Have sent invitations via text, email or letter to eligible cohorts. This contains a booking link.
How to book your appointment
The below video shows you how to use the text booking link to book your appointment.
We must follow the NHS England eligibility guidance when inviting patients for the free NHS vaccine. These patient groups are listed below:
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups (as defined by the Green Book, chapter 19 (Influenza))
- Pregnant women
- All children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023
- Primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6) – vaccinated at school
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers and those that are employed by those who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants
- Secondary school-aged children in Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 – vaccinated at school
- Q. Do I need to leave a gap between having my Flu and Covid booster this year? A. No, there is no medical reason to leave a gap and in some regions across the country they are giving the vaccinations at the same time. However if you have suffered any cold-like symptoms when having previous jabs, it may be best to leave it a few days. But this is a personal choice.
- Q. Can I get my Covid booster at the same time as my Flu vaccine? A. No. The Adam Practice are not providing Covid Boosters. This is being conduced by a centralised vaccination programme and you will be contacted by NHS England separately. The Adam Practice cannot book appointments or amend any bookings.
Best wishes, The Adam Practice.